Thursday, June 9, 2011

Classes are Over!


Hooray! I'm officially done with my regular classes! Next week, I have four final exams: Korean Speaking, Writing, Korean Politics, and International Society. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel....

Yesterday was the closing ceremony for the English program. It is hard for me to believe that this semester is already over. I can still remember the commencement ceremony with 2NE1, visiting Hwaseong on a chilly March afternoon, and competing in a Tea Ceremony competition near Jirisan. I have so many great memories from this semester and I am truly going to miss all the amazing people I have met this semester. I feel like this semester everyone grew really close and it will feel really empty without each and every one of the students that came this Spring. I am also going to miss my suitemates. They are wonderful girls and I have become good friends with all of them. Some of them are coming back to GV next semester, but we may not be suitemates. Hopefully, I will get to spend time with them when they get a chance to visit Seoul over the summer. Even though this week has been very bittersweet, I am excited that I will be able to stay for a third semester and meet more incredible people from around the world.

Tomorrow, my Korean class is having a pizza party during our class time. After the party, I will be going up to Seoul with my friend Allison. We will stay the night with the Byeons and then visit the DMZ on Saturday! I beyond excited that I am finally going to visit the DMZ! The last time I tried to go, North Korea decided to foil my plans. The week I was planning to go, NK attacked Yeongpyeong island. The border closed after that for awhile, but now it has been about six months, so it is safe to visit. I will fill you all in about our adventure to the DMZ later this week.

Next week, I will return to Seoul for the summer after I finish my finals. I will spend the first three weeks of my summer break working at an internship with my Korean Uncles company. I am very excited to see first hand the ins and outs of Korean business from inside a Korean company. After those three weeks, I will have the rest of the summer to travel and spend time with my Korean families.

No comments:

Post a Comment