Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm an upperclassman!

Today I took my last final exams, marking the halfway point of my college education! I can officially say that I am of Junior status. I find it hard to believe that in the same span of time from when I moved in Towers East floor 6 on a hot August afternoon, I will be graduating on a warm May afternoon. I can still vividly remember moving into that 1970's style dorm, unsure of where this college journey would take me. Never in my wildest dreams would I have envisioned all of the events that have occurred in my life in these two short years. I am excited to see where these next two years will take me, what new places I will see, people I will meet, and things I will learn.

Tomorrow, I will be visiting the Independence Hall of Korea. It is a museum that documents the struggle for Korean independence from the Japanese during the Japanese occupation from 1912-1945. SCH organized a fieldtrip for students to go see this museum. I am very excited to go because I have not been there yet and it discusses one of the times in Korean history that I find fascinating. Most of the students that are still here (a large group of the internationals went to Thailand for the week) will be going on this fieldtrip, so it will be a nice final place to go and experience together.

It has been just as difficult as last semester coming to terms with the fact that this group of amazing students here at SCH will most likely never be all together again. It is one of the hardest things about studying abroad: You form a close bond with the other students, only to leave one another after four months, not knowing when you will see one another again. As a group, we have been trying to cherish the time we do have together.

On Friday, I will be making my way up to Seoul for the summer with the Byeons. Like last semester, I will be taking a bus to Seoul, which is always an experience with several pieces of luggage!

No comments:

Post a Comment