Saturday, July 9, 2011

Internship Week 3 and Taiwan

I am finished working at my internship with STL! It was a long three weeks of work, but I really enjoyed my time at the company. I met so many incredible Koreans at the company and have so many memories from work and MT. I learned a lot about the way in which Koreans conduct business and a lot about Korean culture that I have not seen in my other experiences.

I spent the week working first in the office then back at manufacturing. It was nice to come full circle, starting working at manufacturing, working with marketing for a week, and returning to the assembly line. It was bittersweet to finish this three week internship, but it will be nice to rest for a week after such a busy three weeks.

I also have some travel news: I will be going to Taiwan for a month to volunteer at an English camp at the Lutheran school. I had wanted to volunteer this summer here in Asia and had asked Matt and Dee Dee about possible opportunities with LCMS World Missions. They recommended this service project, and it seems like a great opportunity. This is the school where Matt and Dee Dee worked, so they have a lot of knowledge about the school and the work being done there. I will be teaching English classes along with some VBS material for four weeks. I am very excited about this opportunity to use my gift of being a native English speaker to help enrich the minds of these children. Now that I'm done working at the internship, I have been busy preparing and packing for this trip. Hopefully, I will be able to keep you guys updated about my experiences teaching there and the new things I learn along the way. Another culture, another adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment