Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hello from Korea

Annyeonghaseyo from Seoul! I arrived this morning at 4 am. The flight was good. I fell asleep for about nine of the thirteen hours of the flight. I know now why Asiana is ranked as one of the best airlines. We were given blankets, pillows, and slippers for the flight. Each seat had its own screen and remote to choose one of six movies to watch. I was in the front of the plane with all the families with children. I'm not sure how I was placed there. What was interesting was the airline had baby beds for the tots to sleep in during the flight. The Byeon's were already waiting for me when I arrived. We drove to their home and we took a nap. For lunch we had kimchi with a soup that is sometimes called Johnson soup. It is made of kimchi, various meat, and vegetables. It was made when US troops were stationed in Korea. In the afternoon Hye Sun and Kyung Hye's aunt and uncle came for a visit with their two children. Everyone played Rummi which is the family game. For dinner, we walked to a restaurant and ate pork with kimchi. Hye Sun said that all tourists come to restaurants to eat this pork meal. Tommorow, Hye Sun and I will be touring Seoul. It's supposed to rain, but we will be prepared. We are hoping to visit some of the palaces in Seoul.

1 comment:

  1. You should count the number of times you eat kimchi while in Korea... or perhaps it would be easier to count the number of meals that you don't have kimchi! Hugs to Hye Sun and Kyung Hye! Hugs to you too!

    ReplyDelete