Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back to the Books!

Alright...I'm back in school again. It is weird to think I am halfway through my college years. I think these next two years will fly by even faster than the last two.

I have my classes all set for the semester and here they are in no particular order:

Korean Speaking
Korean Writing
Korean Listening
Global Strategies of Korean Business
Cultural Internship Discussion (CID)

So the majority of my classes are Korean language courses. It will be quite a challenge but I am excited for the opportunity to really understand the fundamental aspects of this language so that I can expand on it when I return to SEMO. One of my biggest fears about transitioning back to SEMO is that I will not be equipped with the tools I need to continue my study of this fascinating language. These language course I believe will help me keep my studies up.

The business class sounds like it will be very interesting as well. It consists of discussions, presentations of various Korean companies, and field trips to several manufacturing plants (possibly Samsung, Hyundai....) While I am not usually too interested in business classes, I find the history and modern application of the Korean economy and leading businesses to be absolutely fascinating and it will be fun to learn about it in Korea.

Another exciting installment is that I was elected to be a member of the International Student Body on campus. I along with two other international students will be responsible to bridge the communication with the international students and the international office. I am very excited to have this opportunity to help students have a great semester in Korea. I feel like I have a lot of knowledge and experience with working with the international office that I can ensure that this continues to be a good semester. The other two guys on the student body are very responsible and enthusiastic as well, so I think we will mesh well together.

My suitemates are very sweet. One of them, Yaewon, was my suitemate last semester, so I am very happy to have her in my suite again. Another suitemate, Chahee, was in my Korean history class and is always asking me questions about English (she is an English literature major). My suitemates are either freshmen or sophomores, so I am the oldest in my suite. It is such a contrast to my first semester, where I was the youngest among mostly juniors and seniors.

This weekend is Chuseok, so I will be traveling a bit over the week long holiday. I will update you guys about my adventures when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment