Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My First Post

Hey all! I finally got this blog started two days before I leave for Korea! I have been packing like crazy. I am allowed two 50 lb bags and 22 lbs for a carry on. It may seem like a lot but it is really hard to pack being tall and leaving for a year. I have 10 lbs left to pack. I'm very excited about this awesome opportunity to live somewhere new and learn about another culture. I will be staying with the Byeons in Seoul for four days before I leave for the school. Kyung Hye and Hye Sun were two of our exchange students. They are sisters and I will finally get to meet their family. I will get to tour with Hye Sun while Kyung Hye prepares for her exam.

8 comments:

  1. Here is your first comment: Have an awesome time on your journey. I will miss you, but I am even more proud of you and know that you will make the most of this coming year. Go with God in all you do! Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, I can't believe that you are going on such an adventure - it's totally awesome! I'll miss you at Thanksgiving. We never did do a trial run on Skype, so we'll just have to do it for real when you get to Korea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings on your big adventure. Thanks for letting us follow along! Don't forget to take LOTS of reading material for that long flight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see you! It's gonna be a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look out Asia! Here comes Rebecca! Becca, I am so excited for you to have a year in Korea! Say hello to the eastern hemisphere for us! I will thoroughly enjoy traveling around parts of Asia and all over Korea with you via my couch(avoid the jet lag)through your blog. (Lots of pictures and captions please). Have fun! Let your light shine! God bless you! Love you lots, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful experience! We will be with you in thought and prayer. Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca-I'm so proud of you..you've come such a long way since that 12 year old girl on her first LAMP adventure! I can't wait to hear all the amazing adventures you will share with us as you grow more confident and as you grow closer to God...Stacy..(twin)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can not believe that I have not looked at your first post until today. I find that very sad that I, your brother did not check it till today. I will now check it every day.

    ReplyDelete