Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving from South Korea! This is the first Thanksgiving I have celebrated away from home. This morning, I had exchanges with Korean students. I talked with my exchanges about American Thanksgiving, we even watched part of last years Macy's parade. In the evening, I had dinner with Dyra, Sarah, Michelle, and Xiao Chen. We had chicken (the closest thing to turkey) and watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." We also discussed Thanksgiving and the upcoming Christmas season. Talking about Thanksgiving helped remind me the reason for the holiday: giving thanks for the blessings of the past year.

As I looked back to last Thanksgiving, there are so many things that I am thankful for. My family is in good health. God has given me another year to learn and grow as His child. I completed my first year of college. I am now studying in a beautiful country. I have so many new friends that a year ago, I would never have imagined I would meet. I have learned so much about myself and the world around me since last Thanksgiving.

I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment