Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Quiet Weekend

So, I think this week of classes was the first "normal" week, by saying that I mean that: none of my classes were canceled and I had homework and/or quizes in all of my classes. I don't know if there is a definition of a normal week because this week was very strange to me. I think we create this image of what we think normal would look like, yet when we see that image in reality, it does not provide the comfort that we were hoping for. This idea has resonated for me in a larger scale than a weekly schedule. I have come to realize that I enjoy life with flexibility. I know a year ago I couldn't have imagined that I would be in South Korea having the time of my life learning and traveling in such a culturally rich country. I think it's important to have goals and dreams, but also be able to be open to different ways to carry out those ambitions. That is one of the most important lessons I have learned in the past year: Be flexible!

Today, I went to Osan to explore the markets and streets of the town. I had invited a few friends to come, but almost all of them went to Seoul for the weekend. The people that didn't go wanted to stay around campus for the day, so I ventured on my own. I had read that Osan has one of the oldest markets in Korea, so I wanted to see this 400 year old market. Unfortunately, I didn't find it, but I did find another market that had a lot of character. It was fun to see a new town and get off campus for a while.

On Tuesday, I have a Korean writing test. Along with that, my CID group has a presentation due next week. My group has a terrible case of procrastination and we haven't started our presentaion! The rest of this weekend will be pretty quiet, I will be studying for my test and trying to get my CID group together so we can get this project done! Along with studying tomorrow, I am going to have a movie/game night with Xiao Chen and a few other friends. The next few weekends will be pretty crazy. I have my suite fieldtrip next weekend. In two weeks I'm going to see Eomeoni (Mother) Byeon play in a ping pong tournament with Kyunghye. Of course, plans are subject to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment