Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hello from Thailand!

I am blogging from my hostel in Bangkok Thailand! I left this morning from Seoul in below freezing weather to upper eighties here in Bangkok, quite a change! I arrived at 4:30 and took the Skytrain (Bangkok's public metro) to my hostel. The hostel is very modern with free internet (I can blog!). It is also right downtown, which makes it a great homebase as I tour the city.

After putting my stuff on my bunk I went with Natalia, one of my roomates, to an Indian restaurant a few minutes from our hostel. Natalia is from Russia and has been traveling all over Southeast Asia for the last four months. She was a travel agent in Moscow, but is on leave for a while as she travels. She is taking this trip alone, but as she says "I am taking this trip with everyone I meet." We walked around our hostel and came across the Indian neighborhood, we saw one of the Hindu temples as they were conducting evening prayer. We decided to eat at one of the Indian restaurants, little did we know what we were getting into. The place was not only an Indian restaurant, it was an Indian vegetarian restaurant with a giant Egyptian mural, and really annoying American soft rock music playing. I can definately say that I have never seen this combination in a restaurant nor will I likely see it again. It was nice though to hear about Natalia's travels and get some tips about visiting Thailand (she has been here for about three weeks).

Tomorrow, I am hoping to visit the weekend market, which is a giant open air market filled with all things Thai. I will have to see how tired I am considering the crazy week I had. I am also hoping to continue to blog about China and the week in Korea with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment