Friday, December 10, 2010

Last Day of Class

Today was a bittersweet day because it was the last day of regular class. Next week I have four final exams. I am going to miss my classes and my teachers. For the most part, I have really enjoyed having the professors that I had for the semester. My language teachers were patient, my history teacher was insightful, my drumming teacher was funny, and my North and South Korea teacher, well I have said enough about him in previous posts. I have learned so much and I hope I continue to learn more in the coming semester.

This coming week will be filled with tears as I say goodbye to new friends that will leave school. It is hard for me to come to terms that I may not see these amazing friends for a long time. It is hard because we have become so close, but distance will now separate us as they go back to their home nations. We are going to make the most of the time we have.

It is exciting though because it is a new chapter in my adventure here in Korea. After my finals, I'm going to Seoul to spend Christmas with the Byeons and Derek's family. I am hoping to travel to Southeast Asia at the beginning of the new year. I have some paperwork that I have to complete before I can leave the country, and it won't be processed until the end of this year.

Last night was the goodbye dinner for the Global Village. It was bittersweet to look back at all of the memories of the last semester. I have grown so much as a person in this past semester. I have become more confident and independent. I am so excited to see what will come next in this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment